About This Week’s Guests
Full Circle Sailing
with Monique and Paul van der Linden
Monique and Paul have been cruizing the globe in their Full Circle Sailing boat since 2011.
They have been around the world and are planning to keep on doing this for at least two years (at the time of this writing).
Paul is an ex-marketeer and has been
sailing longer than Monique.
Monique is an ex-stewardess who was looking for someone to go sailing with.
They found each other and off they went.
With their Full Circle Sailing business, they sometimes take guests for a stretch.
“Life out of the Netherlands is a lot less hectic. Other cultures just seem to have more time”
Their tips to become as old as possible as healthy as possible are:
- Being from the Netherlands we know that life there is very hectic. Out here (mainly Asia), people tend to have much more time to do things. It simply all moves slower.
- Be open and be yourself. A smile often gets greeted with a smile so be friendly.
- If you don’t understand something, ask. Ask questions it shows you’re interested.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Website: http://www.fullcirclesailing.com
For other podcasts on world travelers, check out these podcasts:
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 111: Tigit Motorbikes in Vietnam with Jon Pepper - 4. December 2018
- 110: Cultural Differences isn’t About Them; It’s About You; Pellegrino Riccardi [Rebroadcast] - 20. November 2018
- 109: Back to Human with Dan Schawbel - 6. November 2018