About This Week’s Guest
Deborah Moody is Executive Director of the Association of Certified Professional Wedding Consultants or ACPWC.
The ACPWC offers training and certification courses for wedding and event planners.
They also have a membership association which provides continuing education and support for wedding professionals.
Her tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Take the time to do (some) research. So when you come to a new destination or meet new people you know something about that culture. Not all, but something.
- Be open to new experiences. Realize that new cultures can enrich you.
- If you can, Travel. Even if it is only within your own country. Set out to make a friend where you go.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 113: Three School Kids in Different Countries - 11. February 2019
- Universal Basic Income and it’s Cultural Contradictions - 8. February 2019
- 112 Dr. Carlos Coria Sanchez on Doing Business in Mexico - 28. January 2019