About This Week’s Guest
Ask the Pilot: Patrick Smith
Patrick Smith is an airline pilot and the host of www.askthepilot.com. His book is COCKPIT CONFIDENTIAL: Everything You Need to Know About Air Travel. He lives in Somerville, Massachusetts.
His tips to become more culturally aware are:
- Be patient. Patience is a virtue. And this is even truer when you’re dealing with different cultures.
- Be open minded. Ask yourself “what if...” (they were right).
- Be humble towards the other culture. Let the experience and what is happening around you come to you. Rather than imposing your own thoughts on them.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
|Click here to get the podcast on Spotify|
|Talk to your Amazon Alexa and listen to the Podcast|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
More Ways of Listening:
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 117: Why Travel Matters with Craig Storti - 9. April 2019
- Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast - 8. April 2019
- 116: Eric Maddox from Virtual Dinners to Open Roads - 26. March 2019