About This Week’s Guest
Lucas has been writing guidebooks for Lonely Planet since 2002, mostly specializing in Latin America.He lived in Guatemala for a little over 10 years, publishing a magazine and working with local NGOs and is now based in Melbourne, Australia.
He lived in Guatemala for a little over 10 years, publishing a magazine and working with local NGOs and is now based in Melbourne, Australia.
His tips to become more culturally aware are:
- Accept the country, the people, and the culture as the way they are. Don’t change things and try not to judge them.
- Be open to other things. Do talk to the guy next to you on the bus. You’ll get a different perspective.
- See if you can learn some of the language. Even if it is only a couple of words.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
You Can Also Listen to the Culture Podcast and Management Podcast
Build your Cultural Competence, listen to interesting stories, learn about the cultural pitfalls and how to avoid them, get the Global perspective here at the Culture Matters podcast on International Business.
We help you understand Cultural Diversity better by interviewing real people with real experiences.
Every episode there is an interview with a prominent guest, who will tell his or her story and share international experiences. Helping you develop your cultural competence. Welcome to this culture podcast and management podcast.
To Subscribe to this Management Podcast, Click here.
|The Culture Matters Culture Podcast. Available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio|
If you have a minute, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the visibility and the ranking of this culture podcast on iTunes immensely! A BIG THANK YOU!
Enjoy this FREE culture podcast!
Music: Song title - Bensound.com
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 111: Tigit Motorbikes in Vietnam with Jon Pepper - 4. December 2018
- 110: Cultural Differences isn’t About Them; It’s About You; Pellegrino Riccardi [Rebroadcast] - 20. November 2018
- 109: Back to Human with Dan Schawbel - 6. November 2018