About This Week’s Guest
This is the first time that we have a guest who has been on the podcast before.
In this podcast, we continue our discussion on Inclusive Management. What it is and what you can do.
Stephen Frost is Head of Diversity and Inclusion for KPMG UK. He served as Head of Diversity and Inclusion for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games from 2007-2012. He was educated as a Hertford College Scholar at Oxford University and a Fulbright Scholar at Harvard University. He also teaches inclusive leadership at Harvard Business School and an extended class at Sciences Po in Paris. He advises several organizations and governments worldwide and is the author of the book The Inclusion Imperative.
His tips to become more culturally competent are:
- Know and understand yourself. Think about your own “in-group”; your friends and family. To whom do you reach out to and (possibly more important), to whom do you not reach out to (because you don’t want to or it would make you feel uncomfortable).
- Think about your leadership style. Are you expecting people to adapt to you, or are you willing to adapt to them? This attitude will have a great influence on your leadership style.
- Deliver: what have you done in the past? What have you done in the past to make this a better, more interesting place? Ideally, you let someone else share this while you take a back seat and listen to how they see what you’re done.
Links that are mentioned in this episode:
- Stephen latest book: “Inclusive Talent Management“
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at email@example.com
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 117: Why Travel Matters with Craig Storti - 9. April 2019
- Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast - 8. April 2019
- 116: Eric Maddox from Virtual Dinners to Open Roads - 26. March 2019