How to Work with a Virtual Assistant; Cultural Differences
In This Article
Working with a Virtual Assitant (VA) from a different culture is not always easy. In this podcast, I talk about my own experience and how you can benefit from this as well. Overcoming the Cultural differences is usually the biggest hurdle to take when it comes to working with a VA.
It’s not Powerpoint or Dropbox or any other technical platforms that will make or break your relationship with a VA. It’s the cultural differences that will. Pay attention to those and things will run smooth. If you don’t things could get a lot rougher.
Links in this episode:
- The Four Hour Work Week
- Other books on working with VA’s
- How to work with a virtual assistant
- Sunder P talks about Get Friday and International VA’s [Podcast]
Build Your Cultural Competence
In the Culture Matters podcast, we interview real people with real stories.
Every other week there is a guest with broad international experience and lots of cultural insights. I interview real people with real stories.
How To Get In Touch With Culture Matters
I’d love for you to get in touch. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
- Via this website: Just use the “Ask Your Question” tab on the right of the screen and leave a voicemail
- Email me at [email protected]
- Send me a Tweet: @chrissmit
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this far, and to listen to my Podcast.
I hope you will be back for the next episode of the Culture Matters Podcast!
I have a Master's Degree in Organisational Psychology and have lived in the USA, the Netherlands and, currently, in Belgium.
Latest posts by Chris Smit (see all)
- 113: Three School Kids in Different Countries - 11. February 2019
- Universal Basic Income and it’s Cultural Contradictions - 8. February 2019
- 112 Dr. Carlos Coria Sanchez on Doing Business in Mexico - 28. January 2019